Many journals require that published articles be accompanied by the underlying research data. Data sharing policies often are found in the instructions for authors.
Select data-sharing requirements from key journals and publishers:
- Science’s Data Deposition Policy. Scroll down to the “Data and Materials Availability after Publication” section
- SpringerNature’s Data Sharing Policies. Journal example: Nature’s policy on Availability of data, materials, and methods
- Wiley’s Data Sharing Service
- American Geophysical Union’s Publication Data Policy
- Sage’s Replication policy