Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Chuck Williams papers document the life and work of Charles Otis “Chuck” Williams during the years 1943 to 2016. The materials provide insight into the history of the Columbia River Gorge and the creation of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, grassroots environmental activism, U.S. National Parks, tribal fisheries, and the cultures and history of Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest. This collection includes manuscripts, newsletters, newspaper clippings, correspondence,...
Overview The Robert W. “Bob” Packwood papers comprise the records of the Dorchester Conference started by then-Oregon state representative Robert Packwood, legislative material generated and received by Packwood’s office during his five terms as a United States Senator from Oregon, material related to his campaigns, press and public relations material, personal/political files, and autobiographical writings.
Dates: 1957-2018; Majority of material found within 1968-1992
- Subject: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area (Or. and Wash.) X
- Goldschmidt, Neil E., 1940- 1
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Packwood, Bob 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- United States. Congress. Joint Committee on Agriculture and Forestry 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Finance 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Labor and Public Welfare 1 ∧ less